Structural Engineering Jobs
Senior Structural Engineer
Richard Wilson founded Wilson Structural Consultants, Inc. 25 years ago as a one-person firm in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Today, we are a full-service structural engineering firm that takes pride in always going the extra mile to be pro-active members of the design team. We are one of the largest structural engineering firms in the area, with an exceptional reputation state-wide. As we continue to expand our work with new clients throughout Florida and beyond, we look forward to the future with excitement and anticipation.
Wilson Structural Consultants is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to join our team in Sarasota, Florida. The Senior Structural Engineer will lead and work within a team of engineers in analyzing, designing, and delivering structural engineering designs on building projects of all sizes. Our project boards typically include high rise condominiums, multi-family developments, historic renovations custom single-family homes, industrial and commercial projects. We take great pride in the diverse and unique nature of our staff’s project experience.
The Senior Structural Engineer's main duties are leading design process and review, creating structural models, budgeting, and resolving construction problems. They will work very closely with stakeholders such as architects, owners, developers and construction managers.
Skills and Qualifications
- Current PE license with the ability to obtain license in Florida
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university
- 10+ years of experience in structural engineering involving the performance of increasingly complex duties, five years of which shall have been in charge of the structural design of major buildings
- Proficiency in concrete cast-in-place, pre-stressed and post-tension concrete design, as well as structural steel, reinforced masonry and deep foundation design
- Strong project management experience
- Proficient in the use of building codes and design standards
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficient in design software, including AutoCAD, ETABS, and Adapt-PT
- Masters Degree in Structural Engineering
- Structural Engineering (SE) License
- Experience with Residential high-rise structures
- Experience supervising and mentoring engineers
Wilson Structural is pleased to offer competitive salaries and great company benefits. To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com.
EI Certification Required
This position will involve performing structural engineering calculations, site inspections, investigative engineering, shop drawing review, and AutoCAD/REVIT drafting.
Qualified applicants should possess:
- At least 3-year experience in structural design for buildings.
- BSCE with a focus on structural engineering.
- Experience with CADD and Risa 3D software.
- Etabs and ADAPT PT Builder a plus.
- Able to manage multiple projects, clients, and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal skills.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship, in the United States of America.
This is a full time position with benefits package.
• Generous Vacation and PTO policy
• Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance
• 401K Match
Salary based on qualifications and experience.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org